Training Log, Week of February 5, 2018

I almost skipped posting this one, but here you go...

Monday - 10 miles at 9:25/mile, with no watch pauses or walking breaks.  I had a sitter.  This was a workout I've been intending to do for a while, and I intend to repeat it once a month or so.



Tuesday - 3.5 miles at 8:50/mile on hilly roads near my house.

Wednesday - 3.5 miles at 9:36/mile out on some farm roads.  This run was remarkable for its weather.  This was, hands down, the worst weather I've ever run in.  When I started getting dressed, it was 55 degrees and rainy...not too bad, right?  By the halfway point on my run, it was 30 degrees, pouring freezing rain and sleet, with 40mph winds and zero visibility due to fog.  I was actually kind of freaked out trying to get home.  I've run in extreme cold when I lived in Colorado (like -30F), but even those conditions weren't as uncomfortable.



Thursday - no run.  I was feeling completely burnt out.

Friday - 5 miles at 9:33/mile in a huge loop on some campus roads and trails.

Saturday - off, solo parenting

Sunday - off, solo parenting

This week was challenging for many reasons.  Flu is rampant, to the point public schools are closed and I'm trying to keep my kids somewhat quarantined, at least until the little guy is old enough for a vaccine.  The weather has sucked.  My husband has been doing final edits on a publication with a hard deadline.  It happens.  I still managed to squeak out 22 miles and call it good. 

Comments

Popular Posts