Training Log, Weeks of February 12 and February 19, 2018

Waaaaaaay overdue.  Life is super crazy right now (why do bloggers all say this?  does anyone even care?).  We are planning a major move for summer, my work is intense, and the baby has decided to get six teeth in the space of a few weeks.

Week of February 12

Monday - 3 miles at 9:55/mile.  The weather was bizarre...100% humidity but only 29 degrees.  Which apparently results in very dense fog?




Tuesday - 4 miles at 8:22/mile in the early morning.  I was pounding the pavement to get back before the kids woke up.

Wednesday - 6 miles at 9:15/mile.  This was Ash Wednesday, which is a HUGE deal in our religion, and my husband works for the church.  I was feeling a bit "over churched" so I actually sent the baby to church childcare and went running at noon.  Straight bliss.

Kombucha harvest day.


Thursday - nothing

Friday - 6 miles at 9:21/mile WITH MY HUSBAND!  A MIRACLE!  Another sitter day.  We got caught in a horrible downpour, so the last mile was like 7:40 hahaha.  Then we got coffee while we were soaking wet.

Saturday - 4 miles at 8:47/mile, again in the pouring rain.

Sunday - 2 miles of walking?  Strava is telling me this, although I don't remember it.  I'm guessing I walked the dog.

23 miles of running and 2 miles of walking.  Also yoga stuff I can't remember.

Week of February 19

Monday - 11 miles at 9:36/mile.  Generally, Mondays are days that my work is the most difficult, so I actually hire a sitter to keep the baby during daytime hours.  Once my inbox in clear, reports filed, phone calls made, etc. I check in on things and try to do a long run.  I'm also getting in the habit of not pausing my watch at all during runs, and it really dents some of the long run stats as compared to my past training.  In Birmingham, I ran with a club and sometimes worked as a training pacer, so we were often required to stop our watches during water stops.  You can imagine how this skews things.  Lately, I've just been letting my watch run, unless something really weird happens like I'm pushing the stroller and the baby barfs or whatever.  This run had no watch stops, but also no walk or fuel breaks at all.


Tuesday - 4 miles at 9:32/mile, on hilly gravel roads.  That's all I have accessible in my yard/range of my baby monitor.  I know.

Wednesday - 4 miles at 9:57/mile.  Major thaw and all the slugs were out.

Thursday - 3 miles at 9:31/mile, in very hot weather and with the stroller.  Oof da.  In general, if I want a Thursday run, it has to be with the stroller.  I'm really, really glad the weather is getting warm enough to take the baby out again.

...and sometimes he falls asleep and has to take a nap on the back porch.


Friday - 3 miles at 9:21/mile, again with the stroller.

Saturday - 3 miles at 9:04/mile, NO STROLLER!  Hooray!  It always feels good to go without it after a few days of pushing.  Off topic, but the stroller totally makes my thumbs and hands sore.  I need to change up my grip, or maybe not steer so hard?  Not sure.








Sunday - nothing.  Sundays during Lent are intense.

28 miles of sweet, sweet running.

Comments

Popular Posts