A Week of Workouts - May 2, 2016

This will be another quickie.  I have some hard work deadlines looming this week, and some major work travel and presentations scheduled for the end of the month.  My house is messy and my blog is a bit neglected, but I'm holding things together.

Annnnd...no pictures this week, either!  

Monday - 4.2 @ 8:54 around my hilly neighborhood.  I'm preparing for summer, in that I am doing more early morning outdoor runs.  We've already had a few 80-degree days.  I didn't go to work until the afternoon, so I went to the gym with my husband in the mid morning.  I didn't wear a heart rate monitor, and I just wrote "weights" in my paper log.  Who knows what that involved...can't remember now. I know I did 115# deadlifts.

Tuesday - 7 @ 8:33 (hour on the treadmill on a busy day)

Wednesday - 45 minutes of weights, by myself since Katherine is still out of town.

Cable Step Ups 40# 4x10 on each side
Cable Compass Pulls 15# 1x15 in each of eight directions
Leg Press 180# 4x10
Deadlift 95# 1x5
Deadlift 115# 3x5
Overhead Press 40# 3x6
Lateral Raise 12.5# 3x10
Resistance Band Pull Ups 3x5
Abs set

Thursday - 2 @ 8:37 (to the gym), 2 @ 9:48 (home from the gym).  At the gym, I did 90 minutes of hip hop dancing.  Yeah, I have no idea why either.  Actually, I was just mixing things up.  One of my main fitness goals is to be comfortable with all sorts of physical activities, from climbing a ladder to dancing.

Friday - 90 minutes of vinyasa yoga.

Saturday - 13.6 @ 8:43 with the Birmingham Track Club long run group.  The planned route was completely flooded, so I just hooked in with a few people interested in running an 8:45 pace and we made our way around the city for a few hours.  It was a great run.  I'm still struggling with some GI problems during longer runs, and I've decided the sudden heat and humidity are to blame.  I'm watching electrolytes a bit more closely now. 

Sunday - 1.1 @ 8:39 as a shakeout, then a 90-minute Ashtanga class. 


Comments

Popular Posts