A Week of Workouts - May 9, 2016

Howdy, y'all.  Yes it is Tuesday.  I've been out of town a bit, and my son has been seriously ill since Thursday.  He seems to be getting better, and I am forever grateful to everyone who has helped us get through this. 

Running on the road.


I actually managed to run quite a bit this week -- about 34 miles -- and get in some weights and yoga as well.  I made it out to the Track Club long run this Saturday, too, which I love. 

Monday - 5 @ 9:00, with ~770 feet of elevation.  The round numbers in this run make me happy.  I just did some laps around my neighborhood, hitting the larger hills.  I also make a few Strava segments and outed all the Strava users who live near me.  I followed that up with an hour-long bodyweight workout, including walking lunges, push ups, planks, and mountain climbers. 

Tuesday - 6.6 @ 9:02, representing an hour on the gym treadmill. 

We also went out for my husband's birthday, and I had the most beautiful rare piece of salmon.  It was the first meat I've eaten in probably four months.  The restaurant also had some key lime pie, which I love.  My present to Nate was some concert tickets for the first week of June. 


Wednesday - 3.1 @ 7:48 on the gym treadmill.  I followed that up with what I'm calling my new 20-minute whole body weights workout for runners haha:

Barbell Back Squat (what most people just call "squats") - working up from 45# to 85# with 5 sets of 5
Resistance Band Pull Ups in sets of 3 until failure
Ab Dolly Roll Outs in sets of 8/7/6/5/4/3/2/1

Thursday - 5 @ 9:26 on the trails at Spain Park.

Hello from sunny Spain Park!


Friday -  25 minutes on the bicycle mag trainer, followed by an hour-long vinyasa yoga class.  I also made our ordinary Friday evening pizza, but tried out some of the vegan cheese from Trader Joe's.  Never again.  It works just fine melted on top of things like burritos and pasta dishes, but it was damn near inedible on the pizza.  Woof. 

Long run prep on lockdown.


Saturday - 14.5 @ 8:37 at the Birmingham Track Club Saturday Long Run. 

I'm still not sure what I would do without my friends on these runs.  Companionship is the key to the long run. 


Sunday - Complete rest for travel.


Working on a new book and eating salads on the balcony. 

Totals - 34.3 miles of running, including a hill workout, a steady state treadmill run, a fast treadmill run, a trail run, and a long run.  Two weights workouts.  A yoga class.  Some bike cross training.  A day of complete rest. 

The end!  Have a great week!


Comments

Popular Posts