Workouts and a Photo Backlog - May 18, 2015

May 11 - 17
Monday: Rest, two hours of PT in the early evening
Tuesday: 5.9 miles on the treadmill, 9:49 pace
Wednesday: two hours of PT in the evening, apparently they are no longer "taking it easy" on me, also .8 miles on the treadmill for some gait training
Thursday: 2.1 miles on the treadmill, 9:31 pace, and 30 minutes for a TRX lower body circuit
Friday: Rest
Saturday: 8 miles outdoors with the track club!  9:40 pace!
Sunday: hour-long Barre class, and that ish HURTSSSS already

The big news is that I ran eight hilly miles outdoors at the Birmingham Track Club Saturday social, and had no knee pain!  Kathryn, one of my marathon training buddies, was a complete angel and ran the whole thing at my pace, even though it was easy for her.  She kept me distracted with conversation, and it was an amazing help when I was sucking wind on the hills.

Unfortunately, I have lost some aerobic fitness, even though I have spent the past few months being very diligent about it.  I know it will come back in time.  Probably more quickly than I think.  And now, I am dealing with paranoia each time I feel soreness in my lower body.  I am still frightened of running in pain, and I don't want to get back in the same situation I was in last month.  Still, I am very hopeful that the worst is behind me and I will keep getting stronger.

I really missed running the beautiful, shaded hills on the other side of Red Mountain.  I love the feeling of running down the road, feeling the wind, watching the sun rise.  I know it's cheesy, but I will never get tired of it.

Okay, enough of that crap.  Here are some pictures that have been lingering on my phone for whatever reason.

This is my child tasting ice cream for the first time.  It was NOT a hit.  We decided to go to Mountain Brook Creamery for the first time, and...where has it been all my life??!  I think it's going to be our new summer hangout.  W is just going to have to suck it up. 

My husband's birthday carrot cake.  It WAS a hit

My child is ginger.  Deal with it. I think red hair is beautiful, and I am proud that W has the same lovely hair color as so many of my family members, going back for generations.  Sappy, I know.  But I wasn't always so happy about my hair color, and I don't want him to go through that. 

On that note!  I took this picture on Mothers' Day, after I meticulously put on a lot (okay, for me) of fancy makeup, which I never do.  Including the NARS blush that the Whole Entire Internet wears, and some stuff from the Naked 2 Palette that my sister gave me for Christmas. 

W loves stuffed animals.  Handing him one and watching his reaction will never get old.  Ever. 

This kid cracks me up.  Swimming makes him (and everyone) really hungry, so we go straight from the pool to Whole Foods.  He really wanted this meatloaf off the hot bar, for whatever reason.  We never have meatloaf!

I got W some little athletic shoes, and suddenly he's running everywhere and looking about five years old.  Boo.

We're working on some new travel visas, and I had to get W's photos updated.  I am a pro at getting kids' passport photos without a fuss now.  I just bust into Walgreens and start straight ordering people around. 

So there you go!  My parents are back overseas, in a place where they can't get onto Facebook, so I'm taking a lot of these photos to share with them.  You're welcome.

Also, following the carrot cake post, I had a few people ask about vegetarian meals for a family.  I've taken some photos of our meals lately, and I plan to share those soon.  Basically, we all eat vegan dinners 70% of the time. We don't restrict any animal foods in W's diet during the day.  A few nights a week, I make a more traditional dinner with vegan sides and let everyone choose what they eat.  W eats exactly what we eat, no special preparation or other options.  He sits at the table with us and feeds himself, as he has done for almost a year now.  So, I'll condense that stuff into a post, and do another update on the BLW.

Have a great week.

Comments

Popular Posts