Workouts - May 25, 2015

First, I want to say how much we are enjoying this cool spring weather.  We've spent the past week outdoors, in parks, biergartens, and sidewalk cafes.


I'm a bit busy with work lately, so here is a quick review of the week's workouts:

May 18 - 24
Monday: two hours of physical therapy, woo hoo
Tuesday: Rest
Wednesday: 4 miles on the treadmill, 10:27 pace, quick lower body circuit
Thursday:  Rest, but did about two hours of walking on an urban tour with my family
Friday:  3.9 miles outdoors on crazy hills, 9:43 pace
Saturday: 4 miles outdoors, again on the hills, 9:39 pace
Sunday: hour-long Crossfit circuit with my nephews, including some hill repeats on my own

So, the good news is, I am back to running outdoors!  The bad news is, I have lost a lot of aerobic fitness for running on hills.  This is totally expected, and probably unavoidable, as I have been "not allowed" to run hills since about April 1.  I am excited to get it back, get the mileage back up, and race again in the late summer.  Again, I had zero hip or knee pain during the week's workouts.  The only lingering issues are some weakness and instability on the left side.  

On Sunday, I got to watch my husband run his first half marathon, and he SMOKED it with a chip time of 1:40:09.  I am thrilled for him, because 1:40 was his "A Goal."  Even though he is one of those infuriating naturally fast runners, I am so, so proud of him.  Since I helped him develop his training plan, and participated in the race as a spectator, I will do a race recap for you guys ASAP. 

Comments

Jon said…
Have you fully recovered?

Popular Posts