Running Links I am Loving Today

Winter running...photo courtesy of al.com.

First of all, check out my friend Mike's post on why it's good to gain weight while you are injured.  And while you're at it, take a look at his lightweight app for timing intervals.

Here's something to think about...a new study from Harvard shows that the primary ingredient for injury-free running is a low "vertical average loading rate" (a/k/a a soft footfall).

Over on Youtube, I found this upper body and core circuit for runners that takes less than 15 minutes:

A GQ (yes, really) article about a marathon that takes place inside San Quentin prison.

And finally, here is a fabulous video with exercises for preventing injury to the IT band.

Over the past week, I've had a few discussions with runners experiencing IT band symptoms, so I was excited to see this video.  If you're curious, also check out:

The Best Damn IT Band Stretch Ever (a/k/a a million things you probably misunderstand)
 or
My post about rehabbing ITBS

Have a great day!

Comments

Popular Posts