2018 State of the Running Address

Here is a nice lil' photo of my wrapping up 1,000 miles for the year.  This was part of a track club mileage challenge that truly felt like a challenge, especially given the fact that I was in rural Mississippi for the final week of the year.  I slogged out hilly mileage on these frozen logging roads, and cut it C-L-O-S-E.

At the end of the year, my two little boys turned four years and four months, respectively.  They are a handful, but I enjoy every moment of being their mom.

2017 was also the year we relocated to the mountains of Tennessee.  It has been a refreshing and challenging experience.  We are facing another (perhaps major) relocation by June of this year, so stay tuned.  I still have boxes I haven't unpacked!  Life.

Two days before the New Year, I closed a major client contract that has been in the works for more than four years.  It is a multi-billion-dollar real estate deal that took nearly constant work and travel to bring to a resolution.  I am relieved and happy, of course, and ready to enjoy some hard earned pay and time off.

The year wasn't all good...near the beginning of 2017 I was diagnosed with a serious and chronic medical condition.  I am almost ready to blog about it, I think.  It is genetic, but not heritable, and I have experienced symptoms and effects for my entire life.  It does not affect my running, but it has given me cause to reconsider how I want to protect my health and plan for my lifestyle as an older adult.

I'm running about 25 miles a week right now, and feeling fully recovered from pregnancy.  I'm hunting around for a flat-ish late spring marathon near me.  Any suggestions? 

Comments

Popular Posts