Snow Storm!

I just ran in a snow storm for the first time since I left Colorado, almost a decade ago.  The roads were so slick that I considered wearing trail shoes, but I'm not sure that would have helped.  I just ran nice and slowly, avoided icy spots, and tried to pick a route that was sheltered from the wind.

I didn't look at my watch, so I ended up with 5.8 miles at a 9:50/mile pace, average heart rate 150.  I was worried I would be overdressed (like always), because I threw on a down vest at the last minute.  It ended up being just the right amount of warmth.

Today's run leaves me with 4.9 miles remaining for tomorrow, to get 25 for the Strava "week" and finish the Lululemon 40/80k challenge by tomorrow night.  I hope the snow doesn't accumulate too much to prevent that!

Sometimes I really miss having access to a treadmill.

Comments

Popular Posts