Training Log, Week of January 21, 2018

This week was 30 miles of running, all outdoors.  The weather cooperated, and it made all the difference.  This was also the first significant (for me!) bump up in mileage in several months, and I'm feeling good.

Monday - 7 miles @ 9:33/mile, average heart rate 163.  Flatish paved trails while I had a babysitter.

Tuesday - 4 miles @ 9:33/mile (WEIRD!), average heart rate 165.  This was mostly gravel roads, and I did laps with a baby monitor wristband, which sort of made it involuntary hill repeats.  Lovely.

Wednesday - 5 miles @ 9:30/mile, average heart rate 180ish. I can't be sure because the monitor had some glove-related issues.  I think it was locked on to my cadence for a while before I readjusted things.  This was on hilly roads with asphalt/gravel/flagstone surfaces.

Thursday - 3 stroller miles @ 9:30/mile, average heart rate 158.  I slow-jogged another half mile afterward because I was sweating like a maniac and knew the heat was on inside.

Friday - 5 miles @9:20/mile, average heart rate 174.  This was a very hilly route on wet roads, and I wore trail shoes because of the mud and water.  They help some, especially on gravel.

Saturday - 2 miles with my dog, at 10:21/mile, average heart rate 174.  We did a really steep route.  Even though I wasn't planning to run, I took her out because she was acting a fool.  Yay, collies!

Sunday - 4.5 miles @ 9:14/mile, average heart rate 161.  Another very wet and rainy run.

Comments

Popular Posts