Training Log, Week of January 7, 2018

This week was 25.1 miles of running (those tenths of a mile are important!), all outdoors.  Long gone are my days of a gym with childcare and morning preschool hours to spend on the trails.  Now, I either wait for my husband to have a (rare) free moment at home, load the baby up in the jogging stroller, or escape the house during the predawn hours when everyone is still asleep.  There are no treadmills in my life right now.  Good/bad!  The weather doesn't always cooperate, but I'm finding it very relaxing to just get outdoors and run anyway.  I lived in Colorado for years and years, so I know it's possible to get a decent workout on snow and ice, as long as you are dressed appropriately.

Monday - abs/core workout with my four year old.  He can read numbers and a few words, so I handed him a scrap of paper with the workout written on it, and he was the coach.  Snow day activities, what can I say?!

Tuesday - 5 miles @ 10:05/mile, average heart rate 153.  I left the sleeping baby at my husband's office and did laps on the hilly gravel roads until he woke up.

Wednesday - 3 miles @ 8:25/mile, average heart rate 171

Thursday -  6.3 miles @ 9:21/mile, average heart rate 161.  I wanted to run 10k and keep my heart rate aerobic.  The weather was very windy, so I took a weird route along roads that are sheltered by trees.

Friday - nothing...the temperature never got above 15 degrees, and it was very rainy and wet.  School was cancelled, so I stayed in.

Saturday - 5.8 miles @ 9:50/mile, average heart rate 150.  I had one opportunity to run, at 9am when it was pouring snow.  I dressed myself in all my best winter gear, put on trail shoes, and took a spin where I knew there would be good traction (grass pathways and dirt roads).  I saw a few other people out, but the roads were deserted.

Sunday - 5 miles at 9:09/mile, average heart rate 165.

Goals for next week:  Keep building my base back up, with at least 25 miles of running.  Pay attention to my hips and do rehab work at the first sign of pain.  Use my time wisely.  Do runs that are varied in length, pace, surface, and terrain. 

As always, you can follow me on Strava RIGHT HERE.

Comments

Popular Posts